|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|The Weekly Publication for Every Jewish Person|
Hayom-Yom for 11, Iyyar
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Sunday Iyar 11, 5703 26th day of the Omer ** Torah Lessons
Chumash: B'har, First Parsha with Rashi.
Tanya: Ch.48 Contemplating on (p. 249)...returned to their source. (p. 251).
The following are the correct readings in the siddur:
- V'chain (Sh'nei Ch'tuvim), with a Tsayreh vowel, not a Patach. ("When two Biblical passages..."; Page 26).
- Chiyitani (Miyardi Vor) with a Kamatz vowel, not a Patach. ("You have kept me alive"; Page 30).
- Zecher (Rav Tuv'cha), with a Segol vowel, not a Tsayreh. ("They will express the remembrance..."; Page 33).
- Mashlich Karcho (K'fitim) with a Patach vowel, not a Kamatz. ("He hurls His ice like morsels..." Page 35).
- Umalchuto Ve'emunato La'ad Kayemet. ("...and His sovereignty and His truth abide forever." Page 48).
Endurance is fueled by inner strength. Hod of netzach is the humble recognition and acknowledgement that the capacity to endure and prevail comes from the soul that G-d gave each person. This humility does not compromise the drive of endurance; on the contrary, it intensifies it, because human endurance can go only so far and endure only so much, whereas endurance that comes from the Divine soul is limitless.
Do I attribute my success solely to my own strength and determination? Am I convinced that I am all powerful due to my level of endurance? Where do I get the strength at times when everything seems so bleak?
Exercise for the day: When you awake, acknowledge G-d for giving you a soul with the extraordinary power and versatility to endure despite trying challenges. This will allow you to draw energy and strength for the entire day.From:A Spiritual Guide to the counting of the OmerForty-Nine Steps to Personal RefinementThe Forty-Nine Days of Sefirahby Simon Jacobson$7.95 Soft Cover
Copyright © 1996 by - Vaad Hanochos Hatmimim788 Eastern Parkway - Brooklyn NY 11213718-774-6448 - email: email@example.com
| About |